Friday, March 30, 2007

Little Hands

The handprints of a little child
Can never be duplicated
They're to remind you to smile a little
When you're tired or agitated
They'll have you remember how good it feels
How positively grand
That the world has a little more meaning
When you're holding a little hand
So with my heart

And all my love
I'm giving these to you
Just to remind you of me
Each day the whole day through

These are my hands

Small as they may be

To touch you and to hold you

My hands God has given me

When I am grown, look to these

Remember how they touched you

Remember how they held you

Remember how tiny they were indeed


These are my tiny hands

That play and touch and feel

Curious to know what it's all about

Wanting to know what's real

Because my hands are much smaller than yours

Please be understanding and kind

For I'm just starting out in the world

Childhood is just for a short time
There will be many moments

When I'll reach up and touch your face

Hoping you will take my hand

And go for a walk someplace

Someday I'll be all grown

But you'll have the memories

And these tiny handprints

To remind you of me

Mommy! Daddy! Did you see

The picture that I drew
On a tiny corner of the wall
I drew it just for you

I have lots of drawings
If you'd like to take a look
I even drew a picture of our family
On a page in one of your favorite books

Last week I learned to finger paint
I've been doing it ever since
And I thought I'd send this present to you
My very own set of handprints

My little handprints on the walls

On the mirrors and in the halls

I'll be grown some day

And all those tiny handprints

Will surely fade away

So here's a special gift

Just so you can recall

Exactly how my hands looked

When I was very small



Once you have a little child of your own, it opens your eyes to the many things in life that come your way and helps you appreciate them so much more then you would normally with each and every day.

1 comment:

Rosita said...

Sweet!