Saturday, November 22, 2008

The darkest hour is just before the dawn...








By: Norma W. Beaird, Copyright 2004
Though darkness looms within my heart, the Lord declares His power,
A mighty fortress in my storm, while in this midnight hour.

The darkest night's before the dawn, the clock is soon to strike,
And daybreak brings a miracle to change my broken life.

For hope is just a prayer away; my answer's coming soon,
My strength is in my God above, Who hung the stars and moon.

If we didn't sometimes suffer and endure some tribulation,
We'd never put our faith to work, a gift of our salvation.

For it's eleven fifty-five and all I see are clouds,
Clouds of darkness pouring rain upon this storm of doubt.

But even in the darkness I can see a ray of hope,
For night gives way to morning and the sun is soon to show.

So I will follow word by word the truths within the Bible,
God's promises will come to pass to overcome these trials.

What do I have to lose today for everything I've tried,
Will never work without the Lord, Who wants to be My Guide.

It seems that things are getting worse while I must sit and wait,
But Jesus will arrive on time, for He is never late.

You may be in a midnight hour, praying while you're hurting,
Don't try to bear this by yourself; the Lord desires your burden.

And just as there's a midnight, you can know there is a dawn,
The night won't last forever, then your trial will be gone.

For life is like a circle and we all must go around,
Sometimes we walk on rocky roads that lead to stable ground.

But when the midnight passes and the sun begins to rise,
We'll understand how faith in God has brought us through our night.

For it's the midnight hours, not the brightness of the day,
That gives us testimonies while it teaches us of faith.

One day I'll be a blessing in God's strength, His hope and power,
That I am who I am today because of midnight hours.

No comments: