Wednesday, May 09, 2007

My New Found Beauty






-Trillium viridescens - Or something of the kind.

These pretty flowers are ones that were growing in our front yard wild.. I've now taken it for my favorite flower.. Did a little research/studying up on them to see what the real name and kind is. This is the closet I got to its kind and originality. (At least what I think its name and origin is.)

Kingdom:
Plantae
Division:
Magnoliophyta
Class:
Liliopsida
Order:
Liliales
Family:
Trilliaceae
Genus:
Trillium
Species:
T. viridescens

2 comments:

Rosita said...

And here's a little revelation for you on Your New Found Beauty:

Trillium's happen to be on of Michigan's state flowers. They grow wild all over here, though I've only seen them in white. They're on the endangered species list so it is illegal to pick them, but I love walking through the forests and seeing them blooming in the trees shady boughs.

I guess Steve's rubbing off on you, researching flowers and plants. Maybe it's a sign! - LOL

Anjie said...

I know! I saw it while I was doing my research that it was endangered my flower in Michigan. So sad cause its a georgeous flower..at least to me.
I don't think it's that though.:P I've always had a liking for things that are eye catching and beautiful in their own way... sorta like ppl ..I think its to soon though to say its Steven hehe!